Saturday, 13 October 2012

What I thought of: Killing Them Softly

This is where I'm going to just spew up what I thought of films I've seen recently. Don't expect this to have all that shit like 'This film was made in 2010 by Guy Ritchie, and made fuck all at the box office.' This is literally just going to be my stream of conciousness of what I thought of the film. I'll try and keep spoiler to a minimum, and I'll warn you if I do discuss them. 

So, Killing Them Softly. I would describe it as a smaller version of Pulp Fiction. Fuck all really happens in it. It was a film that left me staring at the credits thinking 'Did I actually enjoy that?'. In the end I did, but I only really made my mind up after thinking back to the last two minutes of the film. I don't know why I found them so entertaining, but I did, to a bizarre degree considering how slow the rest of the film is. It does some interesting cinematic stuff, there's a really good slow-mo scene, but I'm not a big fan of films that use interesting cinematic techniques for no real reason, like the opening of this film. It's a bizarre mash up of the opening titles and some weird tv show. The film oozes style, but doesn't really have a lot of substance. 

Not going to lie, this was a bit shit (The review), but to be fair I saw Killing Them Softly a few weeks ago. Hopefully the next one I do will be a little bit more coherent and less shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment